Remembering all our teachers out there, who are dedicated to making each school year successful for every student in their care.
- Spend 2-4 hours on Pinterest getting ideas for classroom decor
- Visit local Teacher Store
- Go through 3 bags full of goodies purchased at Target, Walmart, and Amazon
- Create cozy, yet productive (of course) center areas for Reading, Writing, Science, and Math
- Sort out books based on subject, topic, author, and condition of the book!
- Fill book boxes and shelves
- Go to Walmart (again) to purchase comfy pillows for Read-to-Self time
- Lay out a couple of colorful rugs
- Go to Target (again) to purchase cool stickers
- Stand at the doorway of room to admire…analyze…question…
- Re-arrange the furniture
- Put up Welcome to Kindergarten, bulletin boards
- Set up all technology
- Go to Half-Price Books to add to the Classroom Library (must have at least 3,000 books!)
- Place stickers on all new books and put in boxes
- Decorate classroom door with more Welcome to Kindergarten signs
- Spend 2 more hours on Pinterest looking for the perfect “First Day of School” activity
- Create lesson plan for the first day of school
- Print out 10 different sheets for the Writing Center
- Search cabinets for 30 minutes, looking for dice and base ten blocks
- Prepare Math center activity boxes for first 2 weeks
- Prepare Science center for first 2 weeks
- Prepare Home center for first 2 weeks
- Label EVERYTHING with all 21 student’s names!
- Re-do the lesson plan for the first day of school
- Laminate 68 items
- Cut out all 68 laminated items
- Fill activity boxes with the corresponding LAMINATED cards
- Go outside to find rocks, leaves, dirt samples, and bugs, for Science Center
- Go to Walmart (again) to find items for the Home Center
- While at Walmart, pick up a package of AirWick Hawaiian scent air freshener
- Clear off teacher desk, sink counter, and any other areas needing attention
- Stand at the doorway of room to admire, analyze, and just, ACCEPT!
- Go to “Getting to Know You” meeting in the Library (or Cafeteria)
- Enjoy the breakfast someone brought for teachers
- Start “Data Meeting”
- Start “Planning Meeting”
- Start “Problem-Solving Meeting”
- Go out to lunch with friends (this will not happen again until next year, so enjoy it!)
- Return to the classroom to….COLLAPSE!