Just like many of the airlines, Amtrak offers multiple ways of earning free rides, free hotel stays, free car rentals, and even discounts at restaurants and other retailers.
The first place to start is by signing up for the Amtrak Guest Rewards program. After that, sit back and watch your points accumulate rapidly, just by doing many of the things you already do.
- Amtrak Travel Every ticket you purchase from Amtrak will earn you 2 points per every $1 spent, and a 25% bonus for Business class travel. If you live or travel in the Northeast, you can earn 50% for riding First Class on any Acela Train.
- Amtrak Guest Rewards—MasterCard Sign up for this credit card and immediately receive up to 20,000 points! Then each time you use your card to shop, eat, or for anything else you would like, you earn one point for every dollar spent.
- Hotel Stays You can earn 250 Amtrak Guest Rewards points for each qualifying stay at many top hotels.
Choice Hotels: 250 points per qualifying stays
Hilton Honors: Earn 10 Hilton Honors Base Points plus 1 Amtrak Guest Rewards point
per eligible US Dollar spent at hotels and resorts
La Quinta: Earn 750 points when you stay at any La Quinta hotel
Wyndham: Earn 2 points per $1 spent or 500 points per stay
Starwood: Earn up to 3 points per dollar spent
- Car Rentals Any time you rent a car, you can earn points.
Budget: Earn 50 points for every qualifying rental day.
Enterprise: Earn 50 points per day on qualifying rentals.
- Shopping Earning points while shopping for items you need anyway is one of the easiest things to do. Many large retail stores will offer you 2-5 points for every $1 you spend. In addition, you can also get discounts at many other retailers.
- Need specialty items? You can earn more points ordering from places like Teleflora, Vinesse Wines, Samsonite, NRG Home, and more.
- Travel Earn more points when traveling. If you connect to United Airlines while traveling with Amtrak.
I have been a member of Amtrak Guest Rewards for years and have traveled for free multiple times. Not only do I travel home to see family for free, but our trip from Texas to New York was also free, and our upcoming trip to Canada is, you guessed it, free—just redeemed points!
You may contact Amtrak Guest Rewards at:
or by phone— 1-800-307-5000